Always debatable, always controversial! Daylight Savings Time (DST) is the bane of many a business person working internationally. Hour going forward, hour going back. Along with the mutltiple time zones it can be difficult to tell the time.
An Extra Hour – Daylight Savings Time
How and ever, we have just gained an hour over the weekend, so this may be your first day back to work after the ghouls and spooks of Hallowe’en last evening. Have you wondered what to do with the clock going back an hour yesterday?
20 Perfect ways to use that invaluable extra hour?
You may have lost this same hour some months ago, but that is long in the past now. Treat this extra hour as a blessing in disguise, and maximise your time effectively by doing one or some of the following:
- Clean out your Inbox
- Tidy the Office
- Autumn Clean on friends and followers in your social media networks
- Set up a SM campaign to increase traffic to your website
- Conduct some research on courses, products or Coaching you have been meaning to find out more about
- Make out your Christmas Card list – deadline for world postage from Ireland is Dec 6th
- Take time out for yourself – it’s free for one day
- Plan an hour of exercise or ME time per day in the run up to Christmas
- Start another book
- Finish your accounts for Revenue
- Finish that task that has been transferring from each TODO list for the past few weeks!!
- Review your year so far:
- celebrate what you have achieved so far
- review what is yet to be accomplished
- update the plan
- write down your goals yet to be achieved
- make out the plan of execution
- commit to the plan
- Catch up with a friend or family member later in the evening
- Reaffirm your position in your business, and update your Mantra
- Follow up on some leads / contacts made over past few months
- Research some Networking events / Conferences you should attend
- Follow up some clients that are slow to pay up
- Catch up with some blog posts
- Write a blog post 🙂
The list is endless. But the point is you should have some way to really make use of that spare hour. Remember it gets taken back again next year!
Have fun, let us know of anything you feel is worth the extra hour…